What is Pneumonia?
Pneumonia is a common respiratory infection caused by a viral or bacterial infection, whose characteristic symptoms – a cough, fever and trouble breathing can adversely affect everyday life. Pneumonia can easily spread through aerosolized particles at school, work, or even at the hospital. There are many ways to treat pneumonia, all of which your doctor can discuss with you, choosing a treatment and prescription that best suits you. Some of the best natural cures exist in volume in our own homes.
- Garlic – Garlic is one of the best natural cures not only for pneumonia but its properties are known to strengthen your immune system as well. Garlic has a well known antimicrobial ability to fight bacteria and viruses, known to cause pneumonia. It will not only help in eradicating the bacteria or the virus that has caused the infection in the first place, but will also help decrease body temperature and fight fever.
- Cayenne Pepper – Cayenne pepper contains high levels of capsaicin that will help release present mucus in the respiratory tract, making breathing easier.
- Salt Water – Gargling a mixture of salt and water will help clear the respiratory tract.
- Sesame seeds – Sesame seeds act as a natural expectorant, thus helping the body expel phlegm quickly. You can use sesame seeds to prepare a mixture, by boiling the sesame seeds in hot water, adding a tablespoon of honey and a pinch of salt.
- Vegetable Smoothie/Juice – Use a blender or juicer to prepare smoothies with cucumbers, carrots, spinach, lemon, and kiwi. This will help boost your immune system and provide a natural detoxification of the body, removing all bacteria and viruses.
- Ginger – Ginger is known to have a spicy taste, but it can be used in a variety of meals that will make you forget about its presence. Ginger can also be used to prepare tea, adding some honey is recommended to increase flavor. This ingredient is known to boost immune systems and is recommended in every day diets.
- Lemon Juice – Lemon is known as a rich source of natural Vitamin C that also will boost your immune system. Lemons have antibacterial content that will provide quick removal of a foreign bacteria in the body. You can use the lemons to prepare lemon juice, mixing it with a cup of warm water and drinking it every morning.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is known as one of the best natural remedies available because of its anti-fungal, antiseptic, antiviral and antibacterial properties. There are many known cases where turmeric has helped cure pneumonia swiftly. You can either mix the turmeric in a cup of warm water or milk that you will need to consume every night before bed.
- Steam inhalation – You can prepare a steam inhalation by boiling water or preparing tea using natural herbal remedies. Inhale the steam by placing your head over the pot of boiling water or tea and breathe carefully. You can also prepare a steam bath that can provide relief. Steam inhalation is known to relieve and reduce coughing and congestion.
It is important to be cogniscent of your condition, and be mindful of others as pneumonia is contagious Remember to cover your mouth when coughing, rest as much as possible, drink plenty of fluids, and increase your daily intake of Vitamin A and C. Taking the necessary steps will facilitate a quick recovery. Consult a doctor immediately if you are experiencing symptoms of pneumonia.
Related : Facts About Pneumonia